There are various financial and social supports that refugees residing in Turkey could benefit.
Conditional Education Aid by the Turkish Ministry of Family and Social Policies:
One of the priorities of Turkish state is to prevent refugee children from interrupting their education.
Therefore, in Turkey, every registered refugee child is subject to compulsory school attendance by attending formal education just as their Turkish peers. Conditional Education Aid is provided by the Turkish Ministry of Family and Social Policies to encourage refugee children to continue their education. The child must regularly attend the school to benefit from this aid.
Under this aid, monthly payments for 1st to 8th graders including preschool are 40 TL for girls and 35 TL for boys, and, monthly payments for 9th to 12th graders are 50 TL for boys and 60 TL for girls.
Cash Assistance within Emergency Social Safety Net Programme (ESSN) by the Turkish Ministry of Family and Social Policies and Turkish Red Crescent: KIZILAYKART
The ESSN is an Emergency Social Safety Net programme funded by the European Union (EU) and carried out in partnership by the UN World Food Programme (WFP), Turkish Red Crescent (TRC), and Turkish Ministry of Family and Social Policies. The ESSN provides cash assistance to vulnerable people who have identification cards starting with 99 and are under Temporary and International Protection in Turkey. The program aims to enable all refugees and asylum-seekers living outside of camps to meet their own basic needs such as food, shelter, and clothing in dignity. Following the evaluation of eligibility, financial assistance is provided through KIZILAYKART.
You can visit the website for detailed information about KIZILAYKART and application process.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Single females (between 18 and 59) with no other adults in the family
- Single parents (between 18 and 59) with any other adults in the family and at least one children under 18
- Elderly people above 60 with any other adults (between 18 and 59) in the family
- Families with one or more disabled family members. (They must have a disability of 40% or more, evidenced by a disability health board report from an authorized state hospital.
- Families with four or more children
- Families that have a high number of dependents such as children, elderly, and disabled.
What is the Amount of Assistance Provided by the ESSN?
The amount of assistance is 120 TL per person. As long as families are eligible and the ESSN is carried on, they will receive an extra assistance in addition to this amount every 3 months. Families with 1 to 4 people receive 250 TL; with 5 to 8 people receive 150 TL; with 9 people or more receive 50 TL. This extra assistance is not per person, but for the whole household.